Marin Magazine, September 2007, Art from the Heart, by Jim Wood
Pacific Sun, May 2007, Curative Crops, by Annie Splegelman
Marin Independent Journal, January 2006, Town Inspires Cedarchest by Joe Wolfcale,
San Francisco Chronicle, April 2004, Forty Years of Opening Doors for the Disabled, by Karen Pierce Gonzalez,
Cedars Receives Employer of the Year Award from Lifehouse, October 2010!
On Friday, October 1, the Cedars received the Lifehouse Employer of the Year Award for the imaginative and effective ways in which adults with developmental disabilities throughout the community are engaged in gainful employment. The Cedars compensates clients for the weavings, artwork, and jewelry they create and which, in turn, are sold through The Artist Within: A Cedars Gallery. This award typically recognizes corporate employers in the community but Lifehouse saw the deep value and unusual model Cedars has created. In addition to the honor associated with the award, it is terrific to be recognized by one's peers in the community.
Marin County Fair Awards and Recognition
- A Blue Ribbon for a Short Story for Children by the Senior Group
- Amy the Oak Tree and the Four Seasons won "Honorable Mention"
- Liesa Vollmer's Beaded/Stitched Cat won 1st prize for original design.
- Needle Arts Guild awarded $50.00 to Liesa Vollmer's Beaded/Stitched Cat.
- Senior Needlework group won 1st prize for outstanding workmanship!
- The Dream Catcher won 1st prize and 2nd place in the origami division!
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);